Friday, March 4, 2011

Style File: skipping stones dress

This awesome blogger, Melissa, knows how to combine fashion and motherhood. We can't get enough of her! This is how she styled our skipping stones dress (size small) during her recent pregnancy:

The dress, belt, jeggings, cardigan...and those flats! She's one fashionable mama. Annnd now that her beautiful baby boy is here, she can still wear the dress!

If you love this look, we still have the dress in magenta. ♥

Lovely moms-to-be, we hope you can find some items that will work for you! We recommend:

skipping stones dress in magenta
autumn in the woods beaded brown dress
i need you rose sweater
your genuine heart floral maxi dress
something simple smocked gray dress
paradise in plum pleated dress
budding buttons jersey dress in blue
simplest love heathered gray dress

Let us know what you plan on wearing!

xo,
Ruche

13 comments:

Moriah said...

Thank you so much for this post! I am currently pregnant and refuse to purchase maternity wear. It's been really hard to find normal clothes for my belly, and these finds are amazing! Yay! :)

http://josiahsnest.com

kate maggie said...

She looks amazing! I am going to send this link to my pregnant friends! x

Chloe said...

aww she looks so beautiful! (^_^)& i Love her cardigan =) great post for the new mummas out there xx

Rachael May said...

Oh my goodness...I just found ya'll and I am IN LOVE with what you have!!!

Laura Nelson said...

very cute! I have some pics of me in my FAVORITE RUCHE dress on my blog too :) I am so in love with it.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

why the need to emphasize the size small? It's uneccessary and makes us fashionable pregnant women who are not a size small *not before or during pregnancy* feel pretty bad.

celia said...

nice!!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

super duper cute :)

Ruche said...

We're sorry for any negative feelings regarding the size! We simply noted it for size comparison, and to point out that the dress is stretchy. We don't have a maternity line, so we wanted to help ladies figure out what size might work for them. :)

Kate said...

Love how she styled this outfit! She is one fashionable mama!

XO, Katie
Running On Happiness

Melissa said...

Oh gosh, I'm blushing! Thanks so much for the feature & to all of your sweet comments!! Squee!

Ruche said...

Hehe thank YOU, Melissa! Someone on our Facebook page said you're wearing heels in the photo. Are you wearing heels?!

Melissa said...

I am wearing gold heels. You can see them better here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissaesplin/4323356964/in/pool-1221112@N23/

I originally bought them to go with a hand-dyed silk dress that my grandma handed down to me. I didn't think I'd get much use out of them, but they're my fave!

Here's a pic of me wearing them with the silk dress:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissaesplin/4323359556/in/pool-1221112@N23/